<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Candy Cane Centerpiece (Teacher's gift)

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Candy Cane Centerpiece (Teacher's gift)




Here's a fun, easy, and inexpensive gift idea I put together for my son's Kindergarten teacher. A few other parents and I presented her a gift card and this cute centerpiece at the "Winter Party" last week.




I was inspired by this image off Pinterest via Ecopolitan Bride.

I started with a plain round glass container. This actually held a scented candle. It was close to being gone so I cleaned out the wax and made sure it was dry.


First I hot glued three packs of candy canes to the glass (found at Walmart for $1 each). Then I finished with some red ribbon. My local Fry's grocery store had small poinsettias on sale for $3.99.






It turned out to be a super cute way to present an inexpensive flower!

Ms. D loved it... (see it on her desk?), and my son was also super proud to give her the stamped clay ornaments we made! :)

I just loved attending both my kids' holiday parties. That's one of the the most fun part of parenthood! Here are a few of my fav goodies they have made this year.





Thanks for stopping in and do have a fantastic day!

xoxo
Lina




Joining:



The 36th Avenue

Visit thecsiproject.com






















2 Comments:

At December 20, 2011 at 11:28 AM , Blogger Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

I love it! Lucky teacher.

 
At December 20, 2011 at 12:04 PM , Blogger Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Such a great idea and so festive! Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home